19 healthcare professionals were selected from different regions and specialities to attend this event that took place in Chisinau, Moldova, from 8th until 12th August, 2021.
Participants stayed together at the Bernardazzi Grand Hotel where the lectures took place, and received intensive training over 5 days in diverse approaches to the subject that combined theoretical lectures provided by international specialists with practical, hands-on training onsite at the nearby Medpark International Hospital.
The programme encouraged practical, interactive discussion, and placed a focus on the discussion of practical cases. There was also a strong interest to facilitate interaction between the participants so that they could contribute and benefit from their own diverse experience and varied work environments. Staff were available 24/7 for discussion, questions and academic interactions both in the lecture hall and during meals and coffee breaks.
In some cases, where lecturers could not be physically present, the VFPM arranged for them to hold live lectures digitally via zoom.
Feedback has been positive so far, with participants grateful to the course organisers for the carefully organised content, and in particular for the opportunity to benefit from the hands-on practical training.
Course content is listed below.
Lars Asmis, MD
Privatdozent der Universität Zürich, Hematology and Internal Medicine FMH, Hematology FAMH, Center for perioperative Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Zurich, Switzerland
- Physiology of Coagulation
- Endothelial dysfunction in circulatory failure
Serdar Gunaydin, MD
Professor, Department of CV Surgery, Ankara City Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
- Perioperative hemodynamic optimization – part of ERAS
Sergey Marchenko, MD
Professor, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University, St.Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Welcome, Introduction and Assessment
- Embryological and anatomical reference features of intrauterine development of the cardiovascular system and transitional circulation
- Hands on 1: “Echocardiographic projections. The first step of echocardiographic technology for assessing hemodynamic status ”(standard projections).
- Hybrid training 1: The aortic root: from anatomy to echocardiography. Reule’s triangle. From echocardiography to hemodynamics.
- Hybrid training 2 at MEDPARK: Echocardiography of the left heart.
- Hybrid training 3 Anatomy of the tricuspid right ventricular complex. Echocardiography of the right heart-
- Hands on 3: Lap. Diastolic dysfunction
Alexey Naumov, MD
Associate Professor, Department of anesthesiology, resuscitation and emergency pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiac ICU, Pediatric University of Saint Petersburg, St.Petersburg, Russian Federation
- •Welcome, Introduction and Assessment
- Normal physiology of the cardiovascular system. Systemic flow.
- Normal physiology of the cardiovascular system. Pressure
- Practical calculations of hemodynamic parameters (Calc 1).
- Oxygen delivery and consumption
- Practical calculations of oxygen delivery (Calc 2)
- Hemodynamic parameters (part 1).-
- Ultrasonic methods for monitoring hemodynamic parameters (part 2). Pulmonary hypertension. Diastolic dysfunction
- A systematic approach to assessing hemodynamic status.
- Estimation of hemodynamic status. Information transfer
Veaceslav Savan, MD
Department Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, CHU Grenoble, Grenoble, France
- Volume resuscitation and estimation of fluid responsiveness
Ecaterina Scarlatescu, MD
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
- Welcome, Introduction and Assessment • Standard TTE Echocardiographic projections-
- Differential diagnosis in acute hemodynamic disturbances- shock states-
- DIC- part 1 Pathophysiology and scores
- Monitoring hemodynamic status- other than echo (PPV, SVV…)
- DIC part2 Therapeutic approach