Ayca Tas Tuna
Ayca Tas Tuna, MD, is an anaesthesiologist at the Sakarya University Training and Research Hospital in Turkey. She was born in Sakarya. She graduated as a medical doctor from the Selcuk University Meram Medical School and completed residency in Gazi University Medical School as a anaesthesiology and reanimation specialist in 2010. She received the title of associate professor in 2017.
She is specialized in the field of Obstetrics Anaesthesia. She has been chairman of board of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Subcommittee within Turkish Society of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation since 2021. She is also the chairman of the Transfusion committee at Sakarya University Training and Research Hospital since 2021 and she is the project director of patient blood management in the same hospital.
She took a part in a meeting program as a trainer which was organized by Society of Turkish Anaesthesiology and Reanimation in 2017 and 2018 and gave education about preoperatif anemic patient and perioperative bleeding patient management in obstetrics to many residents, anesthesiologists and a few surgeons who attended the meeting. Furthermore, she gave speeches to surgeons about preoperatif anemic patients and perioperative bleeding patient management in Sakarya Training and Research Hospital since 2017.
Ayca Tas Tuna's recent research
- Gunaydin B, Tas A, Kuczkowski KM. Do we worry about latex allergy during cesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia? J Anesth 2011;25(5):792-3. doi: 10.1007/s00540-011-1207-3.
- Coskun D, Gunaydin B, Tas A, Inan G, Celebi H, Kaya K. A comparison of three different target-controlled remifentanil infusion rates during target-controlled propofol infusion for oocyte retreival. Clinics 2011;66(5):811-5. doi: 10.1590/s1807-59322011000500017.
- Gunaydin B, Tas A, Aksakal N, Faydacı F, Hırfanoglu IM. Retrospectıve Analysıs On Transıent Tachypnea Of The Newborn: Is It Assocıated Wıth Spınal Anesthesıa After Caesarean Sectıon? Gaziantep Med J 2012;18(2):77-80. doi: 10.5455/GMJ-30-2012-83
- Taş Tuna A, Demirel CB, Ünal Y, Çavunt Bayraktar A, Yılmazer D, Kavutçu M, Alper M, Kerem M. Comparison of the Protective Effects of Desflurane and Propofol Anesthesia in Rats: A Hepatic Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Model. Turk J Med Sci 2013;43:592-8. doi:10.3906/vet-1111-26
- Güngör İ, Zinnuroğlu M, Taş A, Tezer T, Beyazova M. Femoral nerve injury following a lumbar plexus blockade. Balkan Med J 2014;31:184-6. doi: 10.5152/balkanmedj.2014.13179.
- Tas A, Mıstanoglu V, Darcın S, Kececioglu M. Tramadol versus fentanyl during propofol-based deep sedation for uterine dilatation and curettage: A prospective study. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2014;40:749-53. doi: 10.1111/jog.12259.
- Taş Tuna A, Bayar F, Sonbahar T, Erdem AF. Lateral Sagittal Infraclavicular Block Under Sedation İn a Four-Year-Child. Turk J Anaesth Reanim 2015;43:138-9. doi: 10.5152/TJAR.2014.43265
- Günaydın B, Taş Tuna A. What Do Current Information and Evidence Suggest to Us for Oxytocin Use During Caesarean Section? Turk J Anaesth Reanim 2015;43:113-5. doi: 10.5152/TJAR.2014.76753.
- Taş Tuna A, Palabıyık O, Beyaz SG. Retracted: Spontaneous rectus sheath haematoma associated with rivaroxaban treatment. J Clin Pharm Ther2015;40(4):486-8. doi: 10.1111/jcpt.12228.
- Tas Tuna A, Akkoyun I, Darcin S, PAlabiyik O. Effects of carbon dioxide insufflation on regional cerebral oxygenation during laparoscopic surgery in children: a prospective study. Braz J Anesthesiol.2016;66(3):249-53. doi: 10.1016/j.bjane.2014.10.004.
- Erdem AF, Kayabasoglu G, Tas Tuna A, Palabiyik O, Tomak Y, Beyaz SG. Effect of controlled hypotension on regional cerebral oxygen saturation during rhinoplasty: a prospective study. J Clin Monit Comput 2016;30:655-660. doi: 10.1007/s10877-015-9768-6
- Coskun D, Günaydın DB, Tas Tuna A, Çelebi H, Kaya K,Erdem A. Bolus Fentanyl Coadministered with Target Controlled Infusion of Propofol Infusion of Propofol for Oocyte Retrieval. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 2017;62:641-6.
- Beyaz SG, Özocak H, Ergönenç T, Palabıyık O, Tas Tuna A, Kaya B, Erkorkmaz Ü, Akdemir N. Chronic postsurgical pain and neuropathic symptoms after abdominal hysterectomy: A silent epidemic. Medicine 2016;95(33). doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000004484.
- Tas Tuna A, Sahin F, Kotan D, Erdem AF, Baykara M, Duzcan T. Spinal anaesthesia for a caesarean section in a patient with paraneoplastic cerebellar ataxia. Indian journal of anaesthesia 2017;61: 344. doi: 10.4103/0019-5049.204255.
- Tas Tuna A, Palabıyık O, Orhan M, Sanbahar T, Sayhan H, Tomak Y. Does Sugammadex Administration Affect Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting After Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Study. Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy Percutaneous Techniques 2017;27:237-40. doi: 10.1097/SLE.0000000000000439.
- Gunaydin B, Ozek A, Türk Ozterlemez N, Tas Tuna A. Unique Liver Disease of Pregnancy Requiring Anaesthesia Support: A Case with Severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Turk J Anaesth Reanim 2017;45:234. doi: 10.5152/TJAR.2017.65768.
- Beyaz SG, İnanmaz ME, Ergönenç T, Palabıyık O, Tomak Y, Tas Tuna A. Comparison of the intravenous and epidural administration of tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonists in an experimental rat pain model. Anesthesia, essays and researches 2017;11;898. doi: 10.4103/aer.AER_160_17.
- Gunaydin B, Tas Tuna A. Anesthetic considerations for liver diseases unique to pregnancy. World J Anesthesiol 2016;5:54-61. doi: 10.5313/wja.v5.i3.54
- Palabıyık O, Kumbasar AN, Sayhan H, Tuna AT, Kumbasar S. A Combined Spinal-Epidural Anesthesia for Cesarean Section in a Pregnant Woman with a Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt. J Anesth Crit Care Open Access 2017;7: 00252. doi: 15406/jaccoa.2017.07.00252
- Palabıyık O, Bayar F, Caglar T, Toptas Y, Erdem Af, Tas Tuna A. Anesthetic Techniques in Octogenarians and Older Undergoing Orthopedic Surgery for Hip Fracture. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Investigations. 2017;8:85-9. doi: 10.5799/jcei. 343194
- Gupta A, von Heymann C, Magnuson A, Alahuhta S, Fernando R, Van de Velde M, Mercier FJ, Schyns-van den Berg AMJV; EPiMAP Management practices for postdural puncture headache in obstetrics: a prospective, international, cohort study. Br J Anaesth. 2020;125(6):1045-1055. doi: 10.1016/j.bja.2020.07.061.
- Orhan M, Tuna Taş A, Ünal Y, Arslan M, Yazar H, Sezen Cem Ş, et al. The effects of amantadine on lung tissue in lower limb ischemia/reperfusion injury model in rats. Turk Gogus Kalp Dama 2021;29:077-083. doi: 10.5606/tgkdc.dergisi.2021.19884.
- H Kocayigit, KO Suner, B Kaya, Y Tomak, AT Tuna, AF Erdem. https://jcpsp.pk/article-detail/neurological-outcomes-of-normothermia-versus-targeted-temperature-management-in-postcardiac-arrest-syndromeNeurological Outcomes of Normothermia versus Targeted Temperature Management in Post-cardiac Arrest Syndrome. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2021;30:497-501. doi: 10.29271/jcpsp.2021.05.497.
- Ö Budak, MS Bostancı, AT Tuna, V Toprak, H Çakiroğlu, K Gök. The effect of Propofol versus Dexmedetomidine as anesthetic agents for oocyte pick-up on in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcomes. Scientific Reports 2021;11:1-7. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-03177-z.
- Kowark, M Berger, R Rossaint, M Schmid, M Coburn, POSE Association between benzodiazepine premedication and 30-day mortality rate: A propensity-score weighted analysis of the Peri-interventional Outcome Study in the Elderly (POSE). Eur J Anaesthesiol 2022;39(3):210-218. doi: 10.1097/EJA.0000000000001638.
- POSE-Study group. Peri-interventional outcome study in the elderly in Europe: A 30-day prospective cohort study. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2022;39(3):198-209. doi: 10.1097/EJA.0000000000001639.