Sherri Ozawa RN has been involved in the field of patient blood management and bloodless medicine and surgery for over 20 years. In addition to her role as clinical director of the Institute for Patient Blood Management and Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, she is senior director of patient and family engagement for Englewood Health.Sherri’s background in critical care nursing enabled her to help create one of the largest and widely known multidisciplinary patient blood management programs in the world.She has lectured throughout the United States and internationally, with a particular focus on the nursing aspects of blood management. She has published numerous articles on the subject and continues to be actively involved in research in the field.
Currently, Sherri serves as an investigator on the first US federal government grant funding the creation of an organized training program for physicians and other health care professionals in the field of patient blood management. Sherri also serves as president of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management, an international medical society with the mission of promoting patient blood management as a standard of care for patients worldwide.
Specialty: Clinical Director, Registered Nurse specializing in PBM practice
- 1995 – Present: Board of Directors/Executive Director/Chair of Communications, Founding Member Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM)
- 2012 – Present: Executive Director Society for the Advancement of Blood Management Englewood, NJ
- 2012 – Present: Co Investigator, Multi Center Investigational Study, CSL Behring “Costs of Plasma Transfusion in the Hospital Setting”
- 2009 – Present: Co Investigator, Federal Grant, United States Department of Defense
- 2009 – Present: Co Investigator, Investigational Study, “Activity Based Costing in Red Blood Cell Transfusion”
- 2000 – 2003: Clinical Research Coordinator, New Jersey Department of Health and Human Services, Bloodless Demonstration Project
- 1999 – Present: Study Coordinator, Protocol OXHT-016-INT
- 1999 – 2000: Clinical Research Study Coordinator, Alliance Pharmaceutical Corporation
- 1993 – 1995: Staff Nurse, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, NJ